[muglo] Re: diff btwn OSXCD and Upgrade CD?

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:55:43 -0400

on 6/9/02 15:28, Alex at admeddemda@xxxxxx wrote:

> I do have a cd burner, so maybe the 10.1 upgrade is the better buy?
> How sure are you that this process works, and do you know _exactly_
> what to do, or do you know where I could find that info?
>
> otherwise, I think 10.0 is best.
>
> I don'r currently have a real g3/4, so I'm just interested in X for
> playing around atm. I figured for $25, it's well worth it.

If you don't have a real G3 I would suggest going with 10.0/10.1 b/c I don't
even know if it's possible anymore to run 10.2 on a pre-G3 G3 upgrade. It is
possible (with a hack) to install OS X onto a pre-G3 G3 upgraded machine
(or, for that matter, onto a pre-G3 machine... just expect to fall asleep
while you do the simplest task... OS X really is G3/G4 optimised).

Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>