[muglo] Re: diff btwn OSXCD and Upgrade CD?

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 16:29:57 -0400

on 5/9/02 13:24, Alex at admeddemda@xxxxxx wrote:

> I dont know. Some guy advertised he's got an OSX cd and OSX upgrade
> CD for cheap. I've asked him if they're machine specific, etc, and so
> far have not had a response. We'll see I guess...
>
> so 10.0 is one version
> and then to up it to 10.1 you have to pay again?
> I assume thats the case for 10.2, but somehow I thought 10.1 was a free
> upgrade

Umm. I have a feeling that it's 10.0 and he has the 10.1 upgrade/update CD.
Please beware that 10.1.5 will be the "end of the line" for you, unless you
plunk down the full price for OS X 10.2! (and, FYI OS X is *not* supported
on anything less than a native G3 Macintosh (with the exception of the first
PB G3 which is not compatible)). If you do have a real G3 I would recommend
that you don't bother with 10.0 or 10.1 and go straight to 10.2.

Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>