[muglo] Re: Time Machine unedited

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 12:40:24 -0500

You may have led me to solve your problem inadvertently: I had reason to restart my computer(normally left on), and noticed my Timemachine drive had a regular drive icon until I restarted Timemachine and then shut it off. The icon changed to the green timemachine icon which was then controlled by TME. This may be a shortcoming of the set-up in so far as requiring a back-up drive to be recognized each restart. You might have the same problem with TimeMachineScheduler.

Both panels look exactly like that, Wayne, and I did go through all those steps before hitting 'apply'. The only thing I didn't do was check immediately to discover that it wasn't working, which was careless. No doubt there's some other crucial thing I've done or failed to do that would explain the problem, but by now I don't care any more. TimeMachineScheduler seems to be doing the job. Thanks, though. Ain't it grand? I used to think I was at the bleeding edge of technological innovation when I could dial a phone number, stick the handset into an acoustic coupler and use Red Ryder to yack back and forth with half a dozen other geeks on a bulletin board system with my 128k Mac.

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell