[muglo] Re: Setup problem with rogers

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:43:27 -0500

Your account settings should look like this. The outgoing server isn't fully displayed: It should be smtp.broadband.rogers.com:pwdobson (replace the email account name)

On Jan 19, 2011, at 9:20 PM, Thomas Davey wrote:

Hello all,

I have another mac convert. My Mom used windows XP with rogers. She now has a iMac 21.5 inch. All works good. She can surf the web and get emails but can not send any out. I could use a little help on this.

The only thing I can think of is the port for out going is different from incoming. You can set the incoming port but not the out going port. Hopefully it is an easy fix.

Thomas

PS. I am sorry I could not make it to the meeting. Tuesdays are not good for me and now Wednesdays are not any better.

Wayne Dobson
G4 eMac, 1.42 GHz
2 GHz RAM,Leopard,
Mail, Safari