[muglo] Re: Setup problem with rogers

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:13:11 -0500

Hi Thomas

You can change the port settings for your out going mail by going to Mail's
preferences, click on accounts, then on outgoing mail servers drop down menu,
then select edit SMTP sever list.

That said if her router allowed out going mail with the XP computer I doubt it
is blocking a port for the Mac.  The first thing I would check is that there
are no mistakes when entering the smtp server name and password it is pretty
easy to do.  I remember a few years ago I set up a computer and I entered the
user name as the email address and I was unable to make anything work and I
could not see my mistake for a long time.

Good luck

Gerhard
gerhardk@xxxxxxx

image/jpg