[muglo] Re: Welcome

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:04:35 -0400

Sally, I hope you didn't think I was putting you down in any way. You have to realize that Muglo is email based with no sub-categories, and there will be a lot of chatter of no interest to a lot of members(at this time).

Safe to say we all started out with simple goals.... surf the net, send an email or two, etc. But, as time and technology move forward we have to keep up.

Some of my own revelations:
My family has thousands of paper photos that threaten to be lost forever. I learned how to scan them, edit them, restore them, and catalogue for future generations. With my Mac and some incredible software, I have re-formatted old video tapes to digital discs to be preserved for generations. I haven't written a cheque in years. My account is in Orillia and I do everything online. I pay bills, transfer money between accounts, download statements and so on, all on my Mac. My wife and I are movie nuts and have a collection of around 600 movies; all digitized and burned on my Mac. These and countless other tasks are performed on 7 or 8 year-old Macs which I keep upgrading and repairing in a vain attempt to keep pace with the new Intel machines. I admit I do get technical at times, but out of necessity: I have been using Macs for over twenty years and have never visited a repair shop yet. Sometimes there is no better resource than someone who's been there.

My best advice: stick it out as one day you will come across a problem that someone here will gladly help you with.

On Oct 28, 2010, at 3:38 PM, Wayne Dobson wrote:

But you'll miss November(dumb question month).

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 28, 2010, at 3:26 PM, Sally Smith <s-e.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi:
I have been receiving many, many e-mails with questions and answers from MUGLO and find that your "hi-tech" group is way too far advanced for me.
Could you please remove my name from your lists.
Thank you for welcoming me to your group.
Sally

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.