[muglo] Re: Saving AppleWorks to Word

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:48:47 -0500
>On 16 Feb 2004, at 7:43 AM, 'TDK' Tim Kearn wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Been trying to save a set of minutes made in AppleWorks to a Word
> > document.
> > The person on the other end has been unable to open it.
> > Saved it as a 'Word Windows 97,2000' etc. file but that hasn't worked.
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Tim

I suspect that your problem is being introduced by your e-mailer. ZIP the
file and that should help. Also, make sure that you aren't sending as
MacBinary II or something similar. Send the file to a Mac-using Word user
and you'll be able to find out whether its the AppleWorks that's not
functioning properly or whether the problem is with your e-mailer.

<grumble> !@#%$! English DSL service... can't handle video on demand when
the going gets tough

Alternately, use a real word processor ;P to do your Mac word processing.

Eric.