[muglo] Learning French software

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:58:05 -0500

Hi ya'll, I'm looking for help to find a decent on-line, distance ed or
self-directed software-based "how to learn French" type program.

I'd describe myself as intermediate in terms of ability (OAC/grade 13
French) and would like to work my way up to a limited level of fluency.
Right now I'm in England (we're moving back home in 157 days : ) : ) : ) and
nowhere near any decent French courses (at best, introduction to French at a
local college and I wouldn't trust the English educational system any
further/farther than I could throw it anyway<end of gratuitous English
educational system bashing :)>).

Anyone have experience with learning French, or have opinions on such a
subject?

PS It is related to Macs since I'd like to be able to use my Mac to do this.

PSS I've looked at the Rosetta Stone demo and been underwhelmed by the
quality of the software (it runs in Classic and looks like something from
the mid-90s... even though it costs $300 USD).

Eric.