[muglo] Re: Email addresses

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:14:16 -0400

On 5/24/05, Susan N. Dunbar <sndunbar@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>=20
> On 23-May-05, at 7:20 PM, Eric Dunbar wrote:
> >
> > Hi Sue, Hotmail and Canada.com will probaby require you to pay $$$ for
> > the ability to forward mail and/or allow POP access (& Hotmail doesn't
> > even provide POP access).
> >
> > GMail has free forwarding and POP access. No need to forward your
> > GMail to another e-mail account.
> >
> > Eric.
>=20
> Thanks Eric ...
>=20
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean  by 'no need to forward your
> GMail to another email account.  I would like to read my GMail with Mac
> Mail and also send mail from Mac Mail as from my GMail account.  I
> sorta like my email in one place.

You OS X Mail application can directly connect to GMail and directly
download the messages store in the GMail account to Mail.

As for *replying* to mail, this is something about which you need to
make a decision.

Do you want your reply-to address to ALWAYS say your replies are
coming from your @mac.com account, or do you want it to be
conditional. For e.g. if you receive mail at suesgmail@xxxxxxxxx you
want your reply to say it's coming from suesgmail@xxxxxxxxx, and, if
you receive mail at suesothermail@xxxxxxx you want your reply to say