[muglo] Re: Browser

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:35:00 -0500

> >> I'm also exploring Firefox which as you say seems neat - but where
> >> does
> >> this leave Camino - Mozilla's supposedly Mac only browser ?  Will it
> >> replace it ?

If it replaces Camino, so be it. Provided it works in much the same way with
the same polish I don't mind. Under the hood they're the same creature and
FireBird (FireFox?) has the advantage that you have the Windoze crowd
working on it.

However, that said, I had the misfortune of using a Linux terminal running
FireBird last week. It was interesting to see Linux being used in a public
setting but the poor behaviour of FireBird (browsing) was disappointing -- a
lot of work is still needed to get it to work fully.

Eric.