[mswindowsxp] Random Dial-UP

  • From: "Tom LeStrange" <toml77@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Org Mswindowsxp@Freelists." <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 12:07:39 -0500

Help!  Gremlins have taken over my computer.
I am running WXP with a Dial-UP connection.  My computer is randomly
connecting to the internet all on its own.  The other day I found "Date
Manager" installed and I didn't download it.   Is there any way I can
determine which program is doing the connecting.  The last time this
happened to me I had a virus.  I am running McAfee V7 Professional and it
does not detect any known virus.  I also ran "Stinger" and no virus was
detected.  The only way I can prevent this is to turn off the computer when
I am not using it.
Does anyone know what is going on?

Tom