[mswindowsxp] Re: OT. Error Message.

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:10:47 +1200

Hi, Joe.

> That's not DOS. It's a DOS emulator included with WinXP. Ghost must run
> from a true DOS - it cannot function with WinXP loaded.

That's something new I've learnt. How can I use DOS then to try and copy a
file to my removable HD?
I tried to backup from the Ghost Recovery disks. but it came up with: "There
is an inconsistency in the system. Error 8027". I can find error codes in
the Symantec Help Files up to 8024, but nothing from there on.

I renamed the Virtual Partition and Ghost created a new one which is about
ten mb larger.

Sorry for drifting so much off topic. Can anyone point me to a mailing-list
that would be appropriate for this type of question?

Many thanks for your help and patience.

 Kind Regards,

Ted.
------