[mswindowsxp] OT. Re: Re: Error Message.

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:34:59 +1200

Hi, Joe,

> but you should at least put OT: in the subject line.

Okay, I've done that now.

>  your version of Ghost just doesn't properly support your type of
removable hard drive.

It used to. In fact I was doing a Ghost back up to a DVD the other day and
it stopped near the end of the disk and that error message came up.

> I'll bet you _cannot_ copy other files to your removable drive while in
DOS.?

I just did a Run\CMD  and copied a file from my C:Downloads directory to the
removable E: drive

Oh well...

I do have an on-topic question, though:

Why is the "Use Hardware Compression" option ghosted out in my MSWindows
backUp utility?

Many Thanks,

Kind Regards
Ted.