[msexchange] Re: Change internal nat address of exchange 2000 server

  • From: "Matt Nelson" <nelsonm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:35:00 -0800

No, we're changing our internal addresses because when some former admin =
set up the network he used 192.168.1.x for the main office (clients and =
servers all together on the same subnet) which is bad enough by itsself =
but then the VPN problems with remote users that have routers at home =
are just getting way out of hand.  I've already created a new vlan and =
moved our "PDC" or fsmo machine over to it.  I still have one domain =
controller and the mail server on the old vlan and just need to change =
the address of the servers but I'm not sure if that can cause major =
problems with exchange.  The domain controller took to it easily enough. =
 I'm just worried that there's some odd hook in AD that uses the IP of =
the exchange server rather than the name and the whole thing will freak =
out when the address changes.