[msb-alumni] Training center for prison guards?

  • From: "Peggy" <pyates2011@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 14:50:54 -0400

Hi all,
Do any of you remember when the highschool was turned in to a training center
from which prison guards were being trained? What year was that program started
and when did it end?
I remember going to one of the class reunions with Loleita McLain (Winans) and
my son went with us that summer and by that time, Msb as we knew it, was mostly
shut down and I had heard that guards were being trained in the highschool and
there were already big changes that were taking place.
I remember talking to Garth Wardrop, Carol Dougherty, and Larry Yanchus that
day and I hung out with him most of the time there. I also remember us all
going to the auditorium to listen to a bunch of tapes from our good old days at
the school with the various concerts and such. It was pretty cool. I know
Michael Geno was working on that project but I don’t know if he had ever
finished it for distribution or not and now that Jeanette has passed, I doubt
that he has done anything with that project since she had been sick.
Peggy Yats and Ld Ginger 70.
pyates2011@xxxxxxxxx