[msb-alumni] Re: Guide Dogs

  • From: "Gary Wood" <K8HLX@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 03:34:56 -0500

UAW?  How did he rate?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Donald Bowman
  To: msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 10:05 PM
  Subject: [msb-alumni] Re: Guide Dogs

  Larry, William, and Peggy:

  I have leader Dog General, sponsored by General Motors.

  He is a Golden Retriever; as a puppy, he was used as a photo subject, and
appeared on Leader Dog Posters, buttons, Christmas Cards and, he also rode in
the Woodward Dream Cruise in the Summer of 2008 in a Pontiac Bonneville, with
the then C E O of General Motors, Rick Wagoner.  About the time Wagoner was
fired from General Motors, General Leader Dog came home with me, to Lansing, in
December of 2009.

  Before General Leader Dog, I had Lyle Leader Dog, a Black Lab, who went to
work with me every day for 8 years in Lansing Car Assembly, worked inside the
plant, and, had his own Union Card; Yes, Lyle Leader Dog was a U A W member.

  Anyway, General Leader Dog will be six years old this June,

  Thank You Larry, for giving me the chance to spout off about my dogs.

  DRB