[mountainmilers] Re: Injury question

  • From: Golfdood51@xxxxxxx
  • To: mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 20:24:52 EST

Jen, several people have recently told me to do Yoga (Kathy's msg).  I
have taken Gloucsamine and Chondroitin for the past 6 years and my joints
rarely  bug me...my hamstrings do but rarely the joints.  The Chi running class

will help too...puts different pressure on the joints....

Speaking of CHI - we need more people for the class 2/27.  I just  invited
the morning group runners - please tell all of your friends...you won't
find the class here again for awhile, you won't find it for $95 and we get an
extra 45 mins on hill running.  Just email me back at _golfdood51@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:golfdood51@xxxxxxx)  and I will send you the  sign-up link.  Thanks
to all that have signed up!  Ken

In a message dated 2/5/2011 1:33:12 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
caverrn@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone had recommendations  of care providers for joint
problems in runners.  My regular doc's  advise is "well, don't run", and I
want to seek someone who understands  why we put up with aches and pains to be
runnin' down a  road!

Thanks,
Jen