Thursday, 08 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 20:14:25 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Peter of Tarentaise (c. 1102-1174)
There are two men named St. Peter of Tarentaise who lived one century apart.
The man we honor today is the younger Peter, born in France in the early
part of the 12th century. (The other man with the same name became Pope
Innocent the Fifth.) For more, follow the link below:

The dispute was so serious that the commander, afraid that Paul would be
torn to pieces by them, ordered his troops to go down and rescue Paul from
their midst and take him into the compound. The following night the Lord
stood by him and said, "Take courage. For just as you have borne witness to
my cause in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome." ~Acts 22:30;
23:6-11

Righteous Father, the world also does not know you, but I know you, and they
know that you sent me. I made known to them your name and I will make it
known, that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them."
~John 17:20-26

Paul was in trouble as he continue to speak about Jesus to those who didn't
agree with him.  Still, his troubles were not over.  When they got him out
of Jerusalem the Lord called him to bear witness in Rome as well.  Jesus, in
our Gospel today, continues to talk about oneness with Him and with the
Father.  The message was so urgent that both Jesus and Paul gave their life
for it.

I pray that I may appreciate the courage of Paul and his followers and Jesus
and His disciples.  I pray that I may develop a close relationship with
Jesus and share his love with those around me, regardless of the cost.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Lynn asks prayers for two personal intentions and for the strength and
courage to deal with them with love and the support of God, our group and
others. Rachel requests prayers for her best friend's husband who is in
critical condition, in ICU on a ventilator. Member is seeking prayers for
the wisdom, patience in dealing with a pre-teen daughter who is being
difficult.

JP asks prayers for his wife who suffers from diabetes, neuropathy and its
crippling effects to her feet, and accompanying depression. Dino asks for
prayers for his handicapped nephew (24 yrs. old), who's having heart
problems. Karen requests prayers for her brother who needs steady employment
and financial stability.

Connie requests prayers for her husband, that he has a safe flight home from
India on Friday. Lynn asks prayers for her 78 year old aunt who has fallen
and has a severe head injury. Deb asks prayers for her son, a recent college
graduate, who is having difficulty finding employment.

Brian requests prayer for an elderly support group member who verbally and
emotionally abuses him often, that he may see the error of his ways, and
that Brian be enabled to emotionally detach from his abuser. Valerie asks
prayers for the repose of her sister who died recently. A daughter asks for
prayers for her mother that a suspected heart blockage will not require
surgery.