<MP>Friday, 09 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 18:59:36 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Catharine of Bologna (1413-1463)
Some Franciscan saints led fairly public lives; Catharine represents the
saints who served the Lord in obscurity.
Catharine, born in Bologna, was related to the nobility in Ferrara and was
educated at court there. She received a liberal education at the court and
developed some interest and talent in painting. In later years as a Poor
Clare, Catharine sometimes did manuscript illumination and also painted
miniatures.

So when they came together here, I made no delay; the next day I took my
seat on the tribunal and ordered the man to be brought in. His accusers
stood around him, but did not charge him with any of the crimes I suspected.
Instead they had some issues with him about their own religion and about a
certain Jesus who had died but who Paul claimed was alive. Acts 25:13b-21

"Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you." Jesus said to him,
"Feed my sheep. Amen, amen, I say to you, when you were younger, you used to
dress yourself and go where you wanted; but when you grow old, you will
stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where
you do not want to go." ~John 21:15-19

Our Scriptures today make it clear how difficult it can be to follow Jesus.
When we strive to follow God's call, that sets us apart from others and from
the world. But out of love, we strive to be loyal to Him. We can proclaim
Jesus' resurrection through our words and our actions. When we're loyal to
Jesus our heroic lives can inspire the faith of others. We can be the
disciples that help the Kingdom of God to grow.

I pray that I may summon the courage to follow Jesus with all my heart.  I
pray that I may be authentic in my following, and that my life may inspire
deeper faith in others.  I pray that I may do God's will always.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Bee asks prayers that someone she can be healed of her lung cancer. Colleen
asks for prayers for her hip replacement surgery. Neil asks prayers for a
personal intention. A mother asks prayers of Thanksgiving for her daughters
continuing relief from very debilitating anxiety. Joanne asks prayers for
her husband who is looking for employment. Patty asks prayers for her mother
in law and brother in law, both with serious health issues, that God bless
them and heal them.

A member asks prayers that her granddaughter will take her medicine. Jennie
requests prayers for her husband who had a heart attack, that he may be
healed quickly. Kathrin asks prayers for a woman in Africa she read about
who couldn't be helped with her fistula, and other people who suffer from
diseases.