<MP>Wednesday, 07 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 20:59:38 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We?ll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Blessed Rose Venerini (1656-1728)
Rose was born at Viterbo in Italy, the daughter of a doctor. Following the
death of her fiancé she entered a convent, but soon returned home to care
for her newly widowed mother. Meanwhile, Rose invited the women of the
neighborhood to recite the rosary in her home, forming a sort of sodality
with them.

When he had finished speaking he knelt down and prayed with them all. They
were all weeping loudly as they threw their arms around Paul and kissed him,
for they were deeply distressed that he had said that they would never see
his face again. Then they escorted him to the ship.  ~Acts 20:28-38

They do not belong to the world any more than I belong to the world.
Consecrate them in the truth. Your word is truth.
As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world. And I
consecrate myself for them, so that they also may be consecrated in truth.?
John 17:11b-19

Paul became so very close to people.  He gave them all he had, then knew he
would have to leave.  Because he was a true missionary he knew that he would
most likely not see these people again.  But his support would continue,
through prayer and even through letters. In our Gospel Jesus speaks about
the people he has drawn to Himself. He consecrates Himself for them that
they may be consecrated in truth. And through the Holy Spirit they will
never be alone.

I pray that I may develop deep relationships with ministers and people of
faith.  I pray that I may be supportive of their work.  I pray too, that I
may put to use the gifts of the Holy Spirit we await.  May I do God's will
always!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Valerie asks prayers for neighbor seriously injured when thrown from horse
hit by fast moving car. A member requests prayers for herself that she may
have a safe flight on May the 12th. Marilyn asks prayers that her son in law
may find gainful employment in the very near future.

Rose asks prayers for a special intention. Marianne asks prayers for her
husband and a distressing financial situation. Melissa asks prayers for
myself as I struggle through the last 9 weeks of chemotherapy treatments.
Deborah asks for prayers to heal her father who has had a major stroke, was
found to have a tumor in his lung and now has pneumonia.

Joyce asks for prayers and healing for her daughter who is having chemo on
Thursday. Paul asks prayers for a special intention. Alvina asks prayers for
a special intention. A sister in the Lord requests prayers for her best
friend, who has breast cancer, and needs surgery. A member asks for healing
prayers for her friend's son-in-law, the father of two young children, whose
cancer has spread to his brain and other parts of his body.