Morning Prayer Nov. 22, 2009

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:48:23 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.

No more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

B I S H O P   L I S T E C K I

Chosen to be Eleventh Archbishop of Milwaukee We keep Bishop Listecki very
much in our prayers!  So where does that leave us.  Visit my Web Site for a
complete explanation of how our new Bishop will be chosen.  Just follow the
link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Cecilia (3rd century)

Although Cecilia is one of the most famous of the Roman martyrs, the
familiar stories about her are apparently not founded on authentic material.
There is no trace of honor being paid her in early times. A fragmentary
inscription of the late fourth century refers to a church named after her,
and her feast was celebrated at least in 545. According to legend, Cecilia
was a young Christian of high rank betrothed to a Roman named Valerian.
Through her influence Valerian was converted, and was martyred along with
his brother. The legend about Cecilia's death says that after being struck
three times on the neck with a sword, she lived for three days, and asked
the pope to convert her home into a church.

Since the time of the Renaissance she has usually been portrayed with a
viola or a small organ.  For more, follow the link below:

The LORD is king; he is robed in majesty.  ~Psalm 93.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, " says the Lord God, "the one who is and who
was and who is to  come, the almighty." ~Revelation 1:5-8

Jesus answered, "You say I am a king. For this I was born and for this I
came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the
truth listens to my voice." ~John 18:33b-37

We acclaim Christ as King. When we do so, we also agree that our lives are
to believed with Christ as our King. This affects everything we say and do.
We strive to walk in the footsteps of our King.

I pray that I may see Christ as my King.  I pray that I may live subject to
Christ, following His call and following in His footsteps.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.

We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!