Morning Prayer Nov.21, 2009

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:20:02 -0600

Fr. Pat's surgery went well.  He is now recovering, but will be in the
hospital for a couple days.

Thank you for your prayers,

Margie

 M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.

No more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

B I S H O P   L I S T E C K I

Chosen to be Eleventh Archbishop of Milwaukee We keep Bishop Listecki very
much in our prayers!  So where does that leave us.  Visit my Web Site for a
complete explanation of how our new Bishop will be chosen.  Just follow the
link from:  www.frpat.com

A    L I T T L E    S U R G E R Y

Marge . add a report on my surgery if you'd like.

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

     From Father Pat Umberger

Feast of the Presentation of Mary

Mary's presentation was celebrated in Jerusalem in the sixth century. A
church was built there in honor of this mystery. The Eastern Church was more
interested in the feast, but it does appear in the West in the 11th century.
Although the feast at times disappeared from the calendar, in the 16th
century it became a feast of the universal Church.  As with Mary's birth, we
read of Mary's presentation in the temple only in apocryphal literature. In
what is recognized as an unhistorical account, the Protoevangelium of James
tells us that Anna and Joachim offered Mary to God in the Temple when she
was three years old. This was to carry out a promise made to God when Anna
was still childless.

   For more, follow the link below:

Jesus said to them, "The children of this age marry and remarry; but those
who are deemed worthy to attain to the coming age and to the resurrection of
the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage.

They can no longer die, for they are like angels; and they are the children
of God because they are the ones who will rise.  ~Luke 20:27-40

The Feast of the Presentation of Mary in the Temple continues the impact of
the Feasts of the Immaculate Conception and the Birth of Mary. It is good
for us to reflect on the special place Mary has in the heart of God, and her
holiness from the beginning of her life on earth, through her childhood and
beyond. Mary always said "Yes" to God.  May we summon the courage to do the
same!

I pray that I may appreciate Mary's specialness to God, and to me as well.

 I pray that I may follow her example and strive to say "Yes" to God.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.

We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!