<MP>Monday 23 November 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:40:48 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I ' M    H O M E
I came home from the hospital last evening. Surgery went well.  I have
lots of stitches and two drains. Now I'm doing a little walking and
letting the healing process proceed.  Thanks so much for your prayers on
my behalf. My two cats seem happy to have me back. It's great to be home
again.

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.
No more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

B I S H O P   L I S T E C K I
Chosen to be Eleventh Archbishop of Milwaukee We keep Bishop Listecki very
much in our prayers!  So where does that leave us.  Visit my Web Site for
a complete explanation of how our new Bishop will be chosen.  Just follow
the link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Miguel Agustín Pro (1891-1927)
¡Viva Cristo Rey! (Long live Christ the King) were the last words Father
Pro uttered before he was executed for being a Catholic priest and serving
his flock. Born into a prosperous, devout family in Guadalupe de
Zacatecas, he entered the Jesuits in 1911 but three years later fled to
Granada, Spain, because of religious persecution in Mexico. He was
ordained in Belgium in 1925. He immediately returned to Mexico, where he
served a Church forced to go ?underground.? He celebrated the Eucharist
clandestinely and ministered the other sacraments to small groups of
Catholics. He and his brother Roberto were arrested on trumped-up charges
of attempting to assassinate Mexico?s president. Roberto was spared but
Miguel was sentenced to face a firing squad on November 23, 1927. His
funeral became a public demonstration of faith. He was beatified in 1988.
For more, follow the link below:

He said, ?I tell you truly, this poor widow put in more than all the rest;
for those others have all made offerings from their surplus wealth, but
she, from her poverty, has offered her whole livelihood.?  ~Luke 21:21-24

How we are inspired by generosity. Sometimes we brag a little about how
much we'd give to the Church if we won the lottery. Yet every day we have
opportunities to help out. But our response is often, other people are
better at that than I am ... or, I'll be more of a helper when I retire
and have more time. And soon we're saying, "Now that I'm retired I'm
busier than before."  And God's work goes un-done. And we can easily be
made small by the poor widow that put more in the collection than all the
rest ... he whole livelihood.

I pray that I may give time and attention rathe than exuses. I pray that I
may live my life more like the poor widow in today's Gospel.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!