Morning Prayer Monday Nov.12

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 08:02:50 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 11/02/07 18:09:47
Subject: Monday, 12 November 2007

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

I N    U P P E R    G A L I L E E
Today we begin with a visit to the Mount of Beatitudes.  We spend time in
contemplative prayer before continuing on to Caesarea Philipi, the location
of he testimony St. Peter, where Jesus answered him, "You are Rock and upon
this rock I will build my Church."  Form here we enter Capernaum, then
Tabgha to visit the Church of St. Peter's Primacy where Jesus appeared after
the Resurrection.  We enjoy a relaxing boat rid on the lovely Sea of Galilee
and visit the ancient boat at Kibbutz Nof Ginosar, which was dated back to
the time of Christ.  We begin our time staying on the Sea of Galilee at
Tiberias at the Gai Beach Hotel:  www.gaibeachhotel.com

I N    T H E    H O L Y    L A N D

I'm leading a Pilgrimage to the Holy Land and will return late on Thursday,
15 November.  Margie, our Pastoral Minister will be sending Morning Prayer
in my absence. No prayer intentions will be accepted at this time, since
Morning Prayer has already been prepared. Be assured that we'll remember
your intentions in our prayers, during our Daily Masses and in the many
important Churches we'll visit.  Please "Subscribe" and "Unsubscribe" in the
way described at the bottom of this e-mail, since I won't have regular
Internet access in the Holy Land.

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Josaphat (1580?-1623)
In 1595 bishops of the Orthodox church met and sought reunion with Rome.
Josaphat dedicated his life and suffered death in this cause. A basilian
monk, then priest, he was know as a great preacher and as an ascetic. He
became bishop of Vitebsk, now in Russia and worked tirelessly for union with
Rome. People fomented trouble and finally a mob broke into the bishop's
home.  He was struck with halberd, then shot.  His body was thrown into the
river. It was later recovered and buried at St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. He
was the first saint of the Eastern Church to be canonized by Rome. For more,
follow the link below:

"Love justice, you who judge the earth; think of the Lord in goodness, and
seek him in integrity of heart." ~ Wisdom 1:1-7

"If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you would say to this
mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you."
~ Luke 17:1-6

We are called to live lives of justice that lead to lasting peace. Sometimes
we feel inadequate and wish we had more faith. Jesus still calls us to
provide a good example, and tells us to use the faith we have already been
given.

I pray that I can know that the faith I have been given is enough.  I pray
that I may help build a better world by using my faith.