Morning Prayer Tuesday, Nov.13

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:27:24 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 11/02/07 17:45:48
Subject: Tuesday, 13 November 2007

W E    V I S I T    U P P E R    G A L I L E E
This morning we travel to Cana, where Jesus performed his first miracle,
changing the water into wine.  We'll renew wedding vows here and also pray
for deceased husbands and wives.  We continue a short distance to Nazareth,
boyhood home of Jesus.  We visit the Church of the Annunciation where, just
behind the altar, we can see the grotto that is the room where Mary said
"yes" to the angel of the Lord.  We visit St. Joseph's carpentry shop and
Mary's well before visit Mount Tabor, site of the Transfiguration.

I N    T H E    H O L Y    L A N D

I'm leading a Pilgrimage to the Holy Land and will return late on Thursday,
15 November.  Margie, our Pastoral Minister will be sending Morning Prayer
in my absence. No prayer intentions will be accepted at this time, since
Morning Prayer has already been prepared. Be assured that we'll remember
your intentions in our prayers, during our Daily Masses and in the many
important Churches we'll visit.  Please "Subscribe" and "Unsubscribe" in the
way described at the bottom of this e-mail, since I won't have regular
Internet access in the Holy Land.

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
She was born in Italy in 1850. She founded the Missionary Sisters of the
Sacred Heart in 1880.  She established many schools, hospitals and
orphanages.  With the encouragement of Pope Leo XIII she set out for the
United States in 1889 where, for the next twenty-eight years, she continued
to establish schools, hospitals and orphanages.  She also went to South
America where she founded schools in Argentina, Brazil and Nicaragua. She
died in Chicago on 22 December 1917 and became the first United States
citizen to be canonized.

"The souls of the just are in the hand of God, and no torment shall touch
them. They seemed, in the view of the foolish, to be dead; and their passing
away was through an affliction and their going forth from us utter
destruction. But they are in peace."  ~ Wisdom 2:23-3:9

When you have done all you have been commanded, say, "We are unprofitable
servants; we have done what we were obliged to do."  ~ Luke 17:7-10

In November we pray in a special way for those who have died. We find
comfort in the fact that they are in the hands of God and that they are in
peace. We continue to live our own lives well, doing our duty without
seeking praise or fanfare.

I pray that I may rejoice in the fact that God is caring for my loved ones
in wonderful ways until I join them in His kingdom.  I pray that I may live
my life well, doing God's will and not seeking praise or fanfare.