<MP>Wednesday, 24 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 00:23:20 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If
you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.
 www.frpat.com

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.  Also our first Fish Fry of the season is this Friday. Become a
fan of: St. Patz Lenten Fish Fries

M A R K    T W A I N    P A G E
Many years ago I created a page for my favorite author, Mark Twain. Most
of the links no longer worked so I redid the page.  There are lots of
great quotes and links.  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Blessed Luke Belludi (1200-c. 1285)
In 1220, St. Anthony was preaching conversion to the inhabitants of Padua
when a young nobleman, Luke Belludi, came up to him and humbly asked to
receive the habit of the followers of St. Francis. Anthony liked the
talented, well-educated Luke and personally recommended him to St.
Francis, who then received him into the Franciscan Order. Luke, then only
20, was to be Anthony's companion in his travels and in his preaching,
tending to him in his last days and taking Anthony's place upon his death.
He was appointed guardian of the Friars Minor in the city of Padua. In
1239 the city fell into the hands of its enemies. Nobles were put to
death, the mayor and council were banished, the great university of Padua
gradually closed and the church dedicated to St. Anthony was left
unfinished. Luke himself was expelled from the city but secretly returned.
At night he and the new guardian would visit the tomb of St. Anthony in
the unfinished shrine to pray for his help. One night a voice came from
the tomb assuring them that the city would soon be delivered from its evil
tyrant.

For more, follow this link:

When God saw by their actions how they turned from their evil way, he
repented of the evil that he had threatened to do to them; he did not
carry it out. ~Jonah 3:1-10

At the judgment the men of Nineveh will arise with this generation and
condemn it, because at the preaching of Jonah they repented, and there is
something greater than Jonah here. ~Luke 11:29-32

In our pride we can stay the course.  Even when we know we're on the wrong
track, it's difficult for us to admit it and change. The peoplle of
Nineveh repented and turned back to God.  And they were saved. During this
Holy Season, we're called to turn away from our sinfulness and back to
God. Will we stay the course, or turn back to God and His plan for us?

I pray that I may be humble.  I pray that I may return to the Lord with
all my heart.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse