<MP>Thursday, 25 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:46:16 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If you're
interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.  Also our first Fish Fry of the season is this Friday. Become a
fan of: St. Patz Lenten Fish Fries

M A R K    T W A I N    P A G E
Many years ago I created a page for my favorite author, Mark Twain. Most of
the links no longer worked so I redid the page.  There are lots of great
quotes and links.  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Blessed Sebastian of Aparicio (1502-1600)
Sebastian's roads and bridges connected many distant places. His final
bridge-building was to help men and women recognize their God-given dignity
and destiny. Sebastian's parents were Spanish peasants. At the age of 31 he
sailed to Mexico, where he began working in the fields. Eventually he built
roads to facilitate agricultural trading and other commerce. His 466-mile
road from Mexico City to Zacatecas took 10 years to build and required
careful negotiations with the indigenous peoples along the way. In time
Sebastian was a wealthy farmer and rancher. At the age of 60 he entered a
virginal marriage. His wife's motivation may have been a large inheritance;
his was to provide a respectable life for a girl without even a modest
marriage dowry. When his first wife died, he entered another virginal
marriage for the same reason; his second wife also died young.

As a child I used to hear from the books of my forefathers that you, O LORD,
always free those who are pleasing to you.
Now help me, who am alone and have no one but you, O LORD, my God. ~Esther
C:12, 14-16, 23-25

"Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law and
the prophets." ~Matthew 7:7-12

God is always with us.  God always calls us beyond ourselves and to Him. We
draw nearer to Him as we draw nearer to others.  We need to remember to "Do
to others whatever you would have them do to you."  This is the law and the
prophets.

I pray that I may know God's presence with me always.  I pray that I may do
God's will by doing to others what I would have them do to me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.