< MP>Wednesday, 24 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 22:52:14 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

M E R R Y    C H R I S T M A S
I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Holy New Year.
Visit my Web Site for some good Christmas links, our Christmas Card to you
… and even a picture of my “evil” sister and I sitting on Santa’s Lap.
Just follow the banner link from:
   www.frpat.com

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Christmas at Greccio
What better way to prepare for the arrival of the Christ Child than to
take a brief journey to Greccio, the spot in central Italy where St.
Francis of Assisi created the first Christmas crib in the year 1223.
Francis, recalling a visit he had made years before to Bethlehem, resolved
to create the manger he had seen there. The ideal spot was a cave in
nearby Greccio. He would find a baby (we’re not sure if it was a live
infant or the carved image of a baby), hay upon which to lay him, an ox
and an ass to stand beside the manger. Word went out to the people of the
town. At the appointed time they arrived carrying torches and candles.
. For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay/

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

You, my child, shall be called the prophet of the Most High, for you will
go before the Lord to prepare his way, to give his people knowledge of
salvation by the forgiveness of their sins. In the tender compassion of
our God the dawn from on high shall break upon us, to shine on those who
dwell in darkness and the shadow of death, and to guide our feet into the
way of peace.”  ~Luke 1:67-79

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

In today’s Gospel Zechariah speaks about his son, John the Baptist.  We
reflect once more on being ready for Jesus coming … at Christmas and at
the end of time. Jesus brought us forgiveness of our sins.  He calls us to
follow in His footsteps as He guides our feet into the way of peace.  May
peace spread through us!

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may heed the Baptist’s call to repent, to prepare the way
for the Lord to come to me at Christmas and at the end of time.  I pray
that I may allow the dawn from on high to break up on me, “to shine on
those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death, and to guide our feet
into the way of peace.”

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the
willingness to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being
called to Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond
generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God.”  ~Psalm 46:10