<MP>Thursday, 25 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 20:53:30 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

M E R R Y    C H R I S T M A S
I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Holy New Year.
Visit my Web Site for some good Christmas links, our Christmas Card to you
… and even a picture of my “evil” sister and I sitting on Santa’s Lap.
Just follow the banner link from:

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Christmas Day
On this day the Church focuses especially on the newborn Child, God become
human, who embodies for us all the hope and peace we seek. We need no
other special saint today to lead us to Christ in the manger, although his
mother Mary and Joseph, caring for his foster-Son, help round out the
scene. For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay/

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; upon those who
dwelt in the land of gloom a light has shone. ~Isaiah 9:1-6

And this will be a sign for you: you will find an infant wrapped in
swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.” And suddenly there was a
multitude of the heavenly host with the angel, praising God and saying:
“Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to those on whom his favor
rests.” ~Luke 2:1-14

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

“The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light!” God has come
to be with us.  The prayer of so many generations, “O Come, O Come
Emmanuel” has been answered.  We are not alone.  God is with us … in our
joy, in our sorrow, in time of loss, to calm our fears, to lead us to
happiness and peace. We can say, “Glory to God in the highest and on earth
peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may know that I am never alone.  I pray that I ma walk in
the light of Christ, that Christ may be born in me, and that I may follow
His call to bring light, happiness and peace to those around me.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the
willingness to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being
called to Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond
generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God.”  ~Psalm 46:10