<MP>Wednesday, 22 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:34:43 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Adalbert of Prague (956-97)
Opposition to the Good News of Jesus did not discourage Adalbert, who is now
remembered with great honor in the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary and
Germany. Born to a noble family in Bohemia, he received part of his
education from St. Adalbert of Magdeburg. At the age of 27 he was chosen as
bishop of Prague. Those who resisted his program of clerical reform forced
him into exile eight years later.  For more, follow the link below:

Then someone came in and reported to them, "The men whom you put in prison
are in the temple area and are teaching the people."  Then the captain and
the court officers went and brought them, but without force, because they
were afraid of being stoned by the people. ~Acts 5:17-26

But whoever lives the truth comes to the light, so that his works may be
clearly seen as done in God. ~John 3:16-21

When we're afraid, we're not likely to do much.  Jesus' disciples were not
afraid.  Even when they were miraculously let out of prison, they didn't
escape, but taught in the temple area. Belief among the people grew, as they
saw lack of fear ... and also a complete change of life of Jesus' disciples.

I pray that I may not be afraid.  I pray that my life may change and that
this change may inspire others to believe more strongly as well.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Tina asks prayers for both her husband and for a young friend, both of whom
are facing medical tests, and for several special intentions for her
husband. Judy asks prayers for a special intention. Deb asks prayers for
special intentions.

Joyce asks for prayers for her daughter, that the blood will show no cancer
and the CAT results on Thursday will be clean. Margaret requests prayers for
family members who under great stress due to employment issues. MBS begs for
prayers that an attempt at reconciliation with a friend goes well.