<MP>Tuesday, 21 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:07:50 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Anselm (1033-1109)
Indifferent toward religion as a young man, Anselm became one of the
Church's greatest theologians and leaders. He received the title "Father of
Scholasticism" for his attempt to analyze and illumine the truths of faith
through the aid of reason. At 15, Anselm wanted to enter a monastery, but
was refused acceptance because of his father's opposition. Twelve years
later, after careless disinterest in religion and years of worldly living,
he finally fulfilled his desire to be a monk. He entered the monastery of
Bec in Normandy, three years later was elected prior and 15 years later was
unanimously chosen abbot.  For more, follow the link below:

The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed
that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common.
With great power the Apostles bore witness to the resurrection of the Lord
Jesus, and great favor was accorded them all. ~Acts 4:32-37

No one has gone up to heaven except the one who has come down from heaven,
the Son of Man. And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so
must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may
have eternal life." ~John 3:7b-15

The disciples of Jesus lived a radical faith.  They didn't claim anything as
their own, but had everything in common.  If somebody was in need, they
would receive. We know that Jesus was lifted up on the cross for our
salvation.  We can be grateful that Jesus gave everything for us, and ask
God to help us to be more generous.

I pray that I may not worry so much about what is mine as what other need.
I pray that I may live the Resurrection of Jesus through my generous life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Joyce asks prayers for a special intention. Paula asks prayers for a friend
to better understand the feelings and needs of their spouse. Bob asks
prayers for a special intention.

Linda is having heart problems ... pray they are not serious. Chris asks for
prayers for a friend suffering from kidney failure. Kris asks prayers for
two intentions.