<MP>Friday, 24 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:37:51 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P R A Y    F O R    U S
Father Pat is Knights of Columbus Chaplain for the Diocese of La Crosse.  He
will be with his Brother Knights and Sir Knights from Friday to Sunday.
Keep us in your prayers, that we may have the strength and courage to
support the Church and Seminarians and to stand up for life from natural
conception to natural death!

St. Fidelis of Sigmaringen (1577-1622)
If a poor man needed some clothing, Fidelis would often give the man the
clothes right off his back. Complete generosity to others characterized this
saint's life. Born in 1577, Mark Rey (Fidelis was his religious name) became
a lawyer who constantly upheld the causes of the poor and oppressed people.
Nicknamed "the poor man's lawyer," Fidelis soon grew disgusted with the
corruption and injustice he saw among his colleagues. He left his law career
to become a priest, joining his brother George as a Franciscan friar of the
Capuchin Order. His wealth was divided between needy seminarians and the
poor.  For more, follow the link below:

After recalling the Apostles, they had them flogged, ordered them to stop
speaking in the name of Jesus, and dismissed them. So they left the presence
of the Sanhedrin, rejoicing that they had been found worthy to suffer
dishonor for the sake of the name. And all day long, both at the temple and
in their homes, they did not stop teaching and proclaiming the Christ,
Jesus. ~Acts 5:34-42

Then Jesus took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed them to those who
were reclining, and also as much of the fish as they wanted. When they had
had their fill, he said to his disciples, "Gather the fragments left over,
so that nothing will be wasted." So they collected them, and filled twelve
wicker baskets with fragments from the five barley loaves that had been more
than they could eat. ~John 6:1-15

Fear can hold us back, and it can make us greedy.  In our Gospel, the small
meal of a boy fed thousands ... and there was more left after all were fed
than there was in the first place!  And Jesus' disciples rebuff another
attempt to keep them in fear.  Althogh they ere flogged, the rejoiced that
they "had been found worthy to suffer dishonor for the sake of the name."
And they continued to talk about Jesus, his Resurrection and their faith.

I pray that I may not be seized by fear.  I pray that I can be generous with
what I have.  I pray that I may have the courage to let others know that
they source of my strength and generosity is God.  I pray that more may come
to deeper belief because of me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Rick asks prayers for a special intention. Therese requests financial help
for her family who are facing many difficult medical issues. Angie asks
prayers for a Sister who had back surgery.

Jo Ann asks prayers for her son. Joselda asks prayers for her secretary who
is having cancer surgery tomorrow. Gen asks prayers for good results from
tests on Thursday 4/23. Christina asks prayer that her endoscopy and
colonoscopy tests will come back with nothing too serious.

Sally asks prayers for two intentions. Juanita asks for prayers for her
brother who had his leg amputated. Lloyd asks prayers for his wife and her
health problems.

Anna asks prayers for several intentions. Carol asks for prayers for broken
hearted young parents whose first child was born prematurely and died.