<MP>Tuesday, 26 May 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 17:32:49 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Philip Neri (1515-1595)
Philip Neri was a sign of contradiction, combining popularity with piety
against the background of a corrupt Rome and a disinterested clergy, the
whole post-Renaissance malaise. At an early age, he abandoned the chance to
become a businessman, moved to Rome from Florence and devoted his life and
individuality to God. After three years of philosophy and theology studies,
he gave up any thought of ordination. The next 13 years were spent in a
vocation unusual at the time-that of a layperson actively engaged in prayer
and the apostolate.  For more, follow the link below:

"But now I know that none of you to whom I preached the kingdom during my
travels will ever see my face again. And so I solemnly declare to you this
day that I am not responsible for the blood of any of you, for I did not
shrink from proclaiming to you the entire plan of God." ~Acts 20:17-27

I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for the ones you have given
me, because they are yours, and everything of mine is yours and everything
of yours is mine, and I have been glorified in them. And now I will no
longer be in the world, but they are in the world, while I am coming to
you." ~John 17:1-11a

Jesus wants everybody to know the Father.  Paul is intimately concerned with
spreading the news.  And faith spreads throughout the civilized world.  As
more come to believe their lives change, and these changes encourage even
more people to believe.

I pray that I may see myself as on spreading the news of Jesus,  I pray that
more people may come to know God through my example.