<MP>Sunday, 24 May 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 08:08:38 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi (1566-1607)
Mystical ecstasy is the elevation of the spirit to God in such a way that
the person is aware of this union with God and both internal and external
senses are detached from the sensible world. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi was so
generously given this special gift of God that she is called the "ecstatic
saint." She was born into a noble family in Florence in 1566. The normal
course would have been for Catherine de Pazzi to have married wealth and
enjoyed comfort, but she chose to follow her own path. At nine she learned
to meditate from the family confessor. She made her first Communion at the
then-early age of 10 and made a vow of virginity one month later. When 16,
she entered the Carmelite convent in Florence because she could receive
Communion daily there.  For more, follow the link below:

They said, "Men of Galilee, why are you standing there looking at the sky?
This Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven will return in the
same way as you have seen him going into heaven." ~Acts 1:1-11

Jesus said to his disciples: "Go into the whole world and proclaim the
gospel to every creature. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved;
whoever does not believe will be condemned. ~Mark 16:15-20

Jesus will come again, that's for sure.  By we're asked not to stand "there
looking at the sky." As Jesus disciples we are to go into the whole world
and proclaim the gospel to every creature.  We do that in words, but even
more effectively through our actions.  May our faith, hope and love be
contagious, that others may come closer to God and the Church through our
example.

I pray that I may not stare into the sky, but busy myself doing God's work.
I pray that more people may come closer to God and the Church through me!