<MP>Wednesday, 27 May 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 20:07:02 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Augustine of Canterbury (d. 605?)
In the year 596 a small party of some 40 monks set out from Rome to
evangelize the Anglo-Saxons in England. Leading the group was Augustine, the
prior of their monastery in Rome. Hardly had he and his men reached Gaul
(France) when they heard stories of the ferocity of the Anglo-Saxons and of
the treacherous waters of the English Channel. Augustine returned to Rome
and to the pope who had sent them-St. Gregory the Great-only to be assured
by him that their fears were groundless.  For more, follow the link below:

When he had finished speaking he knelt down and prayed with them all. They
were all weeping loudly as they threw their arms around Paul and kissed him,
for they were deeply distressed that he had said that they would never see
his face again. Then they escorted him to the ship. ~Acts 20:28-38

They do not belong to the world any more than I belong to the world.
Consecrate them in the truth. Your word is truth.
As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world. And I
consecrate myself for them, so that they also may be consecrated in truth.
~John 17:11b-19

Paul leaves some of his people.  Jesus returns to the Father.  Both will be
sorely missed, and will miss their disciples as well.  Still, God will be
with the people to help them be consecrated to truth.  They won't be alone,
and their example will help more and more people to believe.

I pray that I may know that I am never alone.  I pray that I may know God's
presence with me, to help me be consecrated to truth!