<MP>Tuesday, 23 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:03:37 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ABOUT 10 OCTOBER
   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

WE'LL VISIT SAN GIOVANNI ROTONDO AND PADRE PIO'S TOMB DURING OUR NOVEMBER
PILGRIMAGE TO ITALY!

St. Padre Pio da Pietrelcina (1887-1968)
In one of the largest such ceremonies in history, Pope John Paul II
canonized Padre Pio of Pietrelcina on June 16, 2002. It was the 45th
canonization ceremony in Pope John Paul's pontificate. More than 300,000
people braved blistering heat as they filled St. Peter's Square and nearby
streets. They heard the Holy Father praise the new saint for his prayer and
charity. "This is the most concrete synthesis of Padre Pio's teaching," said
the pope. He also stressed Padre Pio's witness to the power of suffering. If
accepted with love, the Holy Father stressed, such suffering can lead to "a
privileged path of sanctity."  For more, follow the link below:

All the ways of a man may be right in his own eyes, but it is the LORD who
proves hearts. To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD
than sacrifice. ~Proverbs 21:1-6, 10-13

He was told, "Your mother and your brothers are standing outside and they
wish to see you." He said to them in reply, "My mother and my brothers are
those who hear the word of God and act on it."  ~Luke 8:19-21

When we look at our lives it is easy for us to think we're doing just fine
because we blend well into the world we live in.  Others see us as being
like them.  Still, we're told in the book of Proverbs that it is the LORD
who proves hearts.  We are called to do what is just and right.  Many times
our lives will stand out as different from those around us.  That is no
surprise to God, nor should it be to us. When we live an authentically just
and loving life we follow in the footsteps of Jesus Himself.  Although we
may be criticized, we can lead others closer to Christ through our example.

I pray that I may not judge myself and my actions according to how well I
blend in with the people and values around me.  I pray that I may be willing
to live an authentically just and loving life in imitation of Jesus, and
that I may help others draw closer to Christ by the example I set.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Tina asks prayers for a dear friend who is only expected to live a few more
days, that she will die in peace and the knowledge of everlasting life.
Mother sends prayer of thanksgiving for her daughter's job. Rose asks for
prayers for her son whose marriage is currently facing serious problems.

Pat requests prayers for granddaughter who is having surgery Tuesday. A
member requests prayers for herself and her husband who are looking for a
responsible, long term tenant. Mary asks prayers for a special intention.
Anne asks prayers for a young man battling brain cancer. A member requests
prayers for himself for spiritual strength to cope with weakness.

Sherry requests prayers for the 1/25 Stryker Brigade,  based out of
Fairbanks, AK, who are deploying to Iraq, may God watch over them and keep
them safe. Helen asks prayers for a special intention. Liz asks prayers for
a special intention. Julia asks for prayers for her brother, who is having
surgery Monday morning.

A member requests prayers for family members and himself who are
experiencing health problems, for healing and comfort. Bee asks prayers for
two special intentions.