<MP>Wednesday, 24 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:41:20 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ABOUT 10 OCTOBER
   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Pacifico of San Severino (1653-1721)
Pacifico was born into a distinguished family in San Severino in the Marche
of Ancona in central Italy. After joining the Friars Minor, he was ordained.
He taught philosophy for two years and then began a successful preaching
career.
Pacifico was an ascetic man. He fasted perpetually, eating no more than
bread, soup or water. His "hair shirt" was made of iron. Poverty and
obedience were two virtues for which his confreres especially remembered
him.  For more, follow the link below:

Every word of God is tested; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Add nothing to his words, lest he reprove you, and you will be exposed as a
deceiver. ~Proverbs 30:5-9

He said to them, "Take nothing for the journey, neither walking stick, nor
sack, nor food, nor money, and let no one take a second tunic. ~Luke 9:1-6

Avoid distractions! How important it is for us to listen to and follow God's
word, just as it comes to us. In today's Gospel Jesus sends out the Twelve,
cautioning them to "Take nothing for the journey, neither walking stick, nor
sack, nor food, nor money, and let no one take a second tunic. Whatever
house you enter, stay there and leave from there. And as for those who do
not welcome you, when you leave that town, shake the dust from your feet in
testimony against them." Forgoing earthly pleasures and excesses freed them
from criticism and from distraction.  As they relied upon others, people
could come to see that there was something different about them.  They
relied upon the Lord and His providence, and they were able to expel demons,
cure diseases and heal the sick, all the time proclaiming the Good News!

I pray that I may avoid distractions in my life.  I pray that I may rely
upon God, follow His word, and trust in the power given to me to bring God's
word, love and healing to those around me. I pray that I may proclaim the
Good News by the way I live my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Dorothy, asks prayers for a sister-in-law who needs to be able to travel
back home from Italy so she can be admitted to a hospital in Milwaukee. A
member requests prayers for a family member who has just been diagnosed with
lung cancer. Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention. Marie requests
prayers for a very special intention and that she can remember to ask the
Lord's help when things seem hard. Rachel requests prayers for a friend who
badly needs a job. Bee asks prayers that she be healed soon.

Ann-Marie asks prayers for her nephew  who has a court matter on Friday.
Joyce asks for prayers for her daughter being treated for cancer and for a
clean cat scan on Sept 30. Mother requests prayers for daughter who is
relocating to another state to be with her new husband, that their jobs will
be secure and that they can return to their family soon.

Dolly asks prayers that her financial hardships be over soon. Nancy asks
prayers for herself & a friend as they both look for new jobs. Mary requests
prayers for a friend who is having surgery Tuesday, that all may go well.
Barbie asks prayers for her husband, that he doesn't have a Crohn's flare-up
and her son-in-law that his Mayo visit has good results.

A mother requests prayers that her son finds employment. Pat asks prayers
for friend whose son who is suffering with alcoholism. Mother asks prayers
for son with depression/gambling addiction. Pat requests prayers for a
friend, for healing in his addiction to drugs. Carmen asks prayers for her
sister's successful coming liver transplant and that her nephew's cyst taken
out is benign.