<MP>Tuesday, 23 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:26:34 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Mother Marianne Cope (1838-1918)
Though leprosy scared off most people in 19th-century Hawaii, that disease
sparked great generosity in the woman who came to be known as Mother
Marianne of Molokai. Her courage helped tremendously to improve the lives of
its victims in Hawaii, a territory annexed to the United States during her
lifetime (1898). For more, click the link below:

David continued: "The LORD, who delivered me from the claws of the lion and
the bear, will also keep me safe from the clutches of this Philistine."  ~ 1
Samuel 17:32-33, 37, 40-51

Then he said to the Pharisees, "Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath
rather than to do evil, to save life rather than to destroy it?"  ~Mark
3:1-6

David trusted that the Lord would be with him as he went up against the
Philistine.  Jesus knew full well that he was doing good on the sabbath, not
evil.  We can trust in God and follow His call to face difficulties, not
being discouraged by the criticism of others, but simply following that
call.

I pray that I may have enduring trust that God is with me, and that He will
give me all that I need in order to carry out His work.  I pray that I may
follow God's call without being discouraged by negativity or criticism, or
the fear of what others may think or say.