<MP>Thursday, 24 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:38:45 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Francis de Sales (1567-1622)

Francis was destined by his father to be a lawyer so that the young man
could eventually take his elder's place as a senator from the province of
Savoy in France. For this reason Francis was sent to Padua to study law.
After receiving his doctorate, he returned home and, in due time, told his
parents he wished to enter the priesthood. His father strongly opposed
Francis in this, and only after much patient persuasiveness on the part of
the gentle Francis did his father finally consent.  For more, click the link
below:

Jesus had cured many and, as a result, those who had diseases were pressing
upon him to touch him.
And whenever unclean spirits saw him they would fall down before him and
shout, "You are the Son of God."
He warned them sternly not to make him known. ~ Mark 3:7-12

When we are faced with physical or mental health problems we can panic. Our
faith reminds us that we need never be alone. Jesus is with us and wants us
to be healed.  We can count on the Lord's presence.

I pray that, when I am in need of healing, I may remember that I am not
alone.  I can trust that the Lord will comfort me and bring me the healing,
serenity and peace I need.