<MP>Tuesday, 22 January 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:59:26 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

Saint Vincent (died 304)
cording to the story we have (and as with some of the other early martyrs
the unusual devotion he inspired must have had a basis in a very heroic
life), Vincent was ordained deacon by his friend St. Valerius of Saragossa
in Spain. The Roman emperors had published their edicts against the clergy
in 303, and the following year against the laity. Vincent and his bishop
were imprisoned in Valencia. Hunger and torture failed to break them. Like
the youths in the fiery furnace (Book of Daniel, chapter three), they seemed
to thrive on suffering.  For more about St. Vincent, click the link below

But the LORD said to Samuel: "Do not judge from his appearance or from his
lofty stature, because I have rejected him.
Not as man sees does God see, because he sees the appearance but the LORD
looks into the heart."  ~1 Samuel 16:1-13

Then he said to them, "The sabbath was made for man, not man for the
sabbath. That is why the Son of Man is lord even of the sabbath." Mark
2:23-28

God decides. We might criticize the practices of others or consider who is
most worthy or unworthy, but God frustrates these pursuits.  God sees the
heart and, as he chose David, He chooses us, to do His work and His will.

I pray that I may know God's great love and regard for me.  I pray that I
may be willing to follow God's call to do amazing things in His name.