<MP>Tuesday, 22 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:41:36 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Lawrence Ruiz and Companions (1600?-1637)
Lawrence (Lorenzo) was born in Manila of a Chinese father and a Filipino
mother, both Christians. Thus he learned Chinese and Tagalog from them and
Spanish from the Dominicans whom he served as altar boy and sacristan. He
became a professional calligrapher, transcribing documents in beautiful
penmanship. He was a full member of the Confraternity of the Holy Rosary
under Dominican auspices. He married and had two sons and a daughter.   For
more, follow the link below:

Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord. ~Psalm 122

He said to them in reply, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the
word of God and act on it."  ~Luke 8:19-21

Jesus was comfortable with all people, even describing those who hear the
word of God and act on it as his own mother and brothers.  We can expand our
own horizons too, and see mother, brother and sisters in the people around
us who live out the word of God.

I pray that I may expand my own horizons.  I pray that I may see those who
live the word of God as my own family members.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Rich asks that the Holy Spirit will come down and touch his wife, to bring
her back to God, Jesus, the church, and reunite family of 7. Florinda asks
prayers for a special intention. Gerry asks prayers for a special intention.

Lynn asks prayers for her brother who is having surgery for a serious
infection on Tuesday. Eileen requests prayers for someone who is facing
surgery for pancreatic cancer. Dora asks prayers for her grandson who has
anger problems with his mom.

Jo Ann requests prayers for special intentions for her son and his family. A
mother requests prayers for her son, so stressful work issues will be
resolved and he may be soon blessed with a less stressful work environment.
Marlene asks prayers for a special intention. Ray asks prayers for a good
report on  his prostate biopsy on 28 September.