<MP>Thursday, 24 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 20:41:58 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Pacifico of San Severino (1653-1721)
Pacifico was born into a distinguished family in San Severino in the Marche
of Ancona in central Italy. After joining the Friars Minor, he was ordained.
He taught philosophy for two years and then began a successful preaching
career.
Pacifico was an ascetic man. He fasted perpetually, eating no more than
bread, soup or water. His "hair shirt" was made of iron. Poverty and
obedience were two virtues for which his confreres especially remembered
him.  For more, follow the link below:

The Lord takes delight in his people. ~Psalm 149

But Herod said, "John I beheaded. Who then is this about whom I hear such
things?" And he kept trying to see him. ~Luke 9:7-9

Power.  Sometimes people will do a great deal to get it, then to hold onto
it.  Herod was such a person. He beheaded John the Baptist so as not to look
foolish. He looks for Jesus too, to hold onto his own power.

I pray that I may not seek power, but receive the power that comes to me
from the Lord.  I pray that I may use the power I receive from God to help
build up His Kingdom.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Stephanie asks prayers for a special intention. Mary offers prayers of
thanks and praise for her daughter's successful kidney transplant and for
the precious gift of life from her living donor. Michele asks prayers for
her son and his girlfriend who have some difficulties to work through.

Henry requests prayers for his wife who is chronically depressed, that
therapy may relieve her suffering. Barbie asks prayers for a special
intention. Irene asks prayers for a special intention.

A member requests prayers that her family will soon receive good news from
their lawyer concerning the ongoing lawsuit. Donnie asks prayers for a
special intention. Rick asks for prayers for a very close friend who has
cancer and is withdrawing from those who care most about him.

Eileen requests prayers for her 18 year old nephew who was born with a
bladder abnormality and is now hospitalized with severe problems, that the
infection will all clear. Ray, requests prayers for his sister, who will
have surgery for breast cancer on Oct. 1st. Sandy ask for prayers for a 34
year old neighbor who will undergo test on Thursday in Cleveland for some
answers.