<MP>Friday, 25 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:13:40 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Elzear and Blessed Delphina (1286-1323) (1283-1358)
This is the only Franciscan couple to be canonized or beatified formally.
Elzear came from a noble family in southern France. After he married
Delphina, she informed him that she had made a vow of perpetual virginity;
that same night he did the same. For a time Elzear, Count of Ariano, was a
counselor to Duke Charles of Calabria in southern Italy. Elzear ruled his
own territories in the kingdom of Naples and in southern France with
justice.  For more, follow the link below:

For I am with you, says the LORD of hosts. This is the pact that I made with
you when you came out of Egypt, And my spirit continues in your midst; do
not fear! ~Haggai 2:1-9

He said, "The Son of Man must suffer greatly and be rejected by the elders,
the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed and on the third day be
raised." ~Luke 9:18-22

Sometimes Jesus told his disciples what they didn't want to hear.  They
certainly loved him and did not want to see him suffer, be rejected and
killed.  Still, He tells them that is what must happen.  And we are called
to pick up our crosses too, and walk in His footsteps.

I pray that I may be willing to hear what I don't want to hear.  I pray that
I may pick up my own cross each day and walk in the footsteps of Jesus.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Leila is asking for prayers for a friend who is being tested for Lupus. Walt
asks prayers for a friend and his wife that their marriage may be renewed.
Linda asks prayers for a special intention.

Nan requests prayers for grandson and friends who are traveling. Deb
requests prayers for her son who is having a hard time finding a job in his
field. Shannon requests prayers for someone who is having critical back
surgery, that her surgeon's open to God's healing graces and that her
surgery is successful and recovery is speedy, complete.

Raf asks prayers for a special intention. Betty ask for prayers for her
husband who has an undiagnosed illness.