<MP>Sunday, 20 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 09:09:36 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Andrew Kim Taegon, Paul Chong Hasang and Companions (1821-1846)
This first native Korean priest was the son of Korean converts. His father,
Ignatius Kim, was martyred during the persecution of 1839 and was beatified
in 1925. After Baptism at the age of 15, Andrew traveled 1,300 miles to the
seminary in Macao, China. After six years he managed to return to his
country through Manchuria. That same year he crossed the Yellow Sea to
Shanghai and was ordained a priest. Back home again, he was assigned to
arrange for more missionaries to enter by a water route that would elude the
border patrol. He was arrested, tortured and finally beheaded at the Han
River near Seoul, the capital.  For more, follow the link below:

The wicked say: Let us beset the just one, because he is obnoxious to us; he
sets himself against our doings, reproaches us for transgressions of the law
and charges us with violations of our training. ~Wisdom 2:12, 17-20

Then he sat down, called the Twelve, and said to them, ?If anyone wishes to
be first, he shall be the last of all and the servant of all.? ~Mark 9:30-37

God calls us to be just and loving.  We can live according to our call and
not strive to be first, but last of all and servant of all.  We can live our
lives like Jesus lived His.

I pray that I may not always strive to be first.  I pray that I may be the
last of all and the servant of all, like Jesus.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A mother asks for prayers for a young son that God gives him the strength to
stop drinking and get over a broken relationship. Renee requests prayers for
her depressed and grieving parents, who lost their 24-year old son to an
undiagnosed brain tumor a little over a year ago, and also for broken family
relationships to be mended during a time her mother needs support the most.
Mother requests prayers for her daughter who will be laid up for 4 months
and can not put any weight on the ankle that she will have peace and be able
to walk with no pain and no limp.

Barbara requests results of her biopsy on Monday will be good. Marilyn asks
prayers for a special intention. Susan asks prayers for a special intention.
Anna-Maria requests prayers of thanksgiving for blessings bestowed on her
and her fiancé.

Hilary and Chris ask prayers for their three-year-old daughter who came down
with virus and is now having problems breathing and was admitted to a
hospital where she is listed as critical, on a respirator and fighting for
her life. Jean asks prayers for a special intention. A member asks prayers
for her son who is about to make an important career decision that the Lord
will guide him on the right path.