<MP>Tuesday, 15 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:07:26 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Blessed Caesar de Bus (1544-1607)
Like so many of us, Caesar de Bus struggled with the decision about what to
do with his life. After completing his Jesuit education he had difficulty
settling between a military and a literary career. He wrote some plays but
ultimately settled for life in the army and at court. For more, follow the
link below:

The news about them reached the ears of the Church in Jerusalem, and they
sent Barnabas to go to Antioch. When he arrived and saw the grace of God, he
rejoiced and encouraged them all to remain faithful to the Lord in firmness
of heart, for he was a good man, filled with the Holy Spirit and faith. And
a large number of people was added to the Lord. ~Acts 11:19-26

My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal
life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand. My
Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take
them out of the Father's hand. The Father and I are one."  ~John 10:22-30

The growth of the Church is phenomenal, and occurs partly because of
persecution and martyrdom. Jesus was with this fledgling community with His
risen presence. As Jesus was shepherd to so many, His disciples took over
and allowed Him to work through their faithful lives.

I pray that I may not shrink from living my faith because I'm afraid about
what others will say. I pray that I may be open the Lord working through my
faithful life.  I pray that others will come to deeper faith because of the
Lord's risen presence within me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Jeannie asks prayers for her daughter who found a mass on the side of her
face. Bettye asks prayers for her husband who is suffering from back and leg
pain, and also for her friend who is having oral surgery on Wednesday.
Bonnie asks prayers for herself and her husband, that their house will sell.

Pam asks prayers for her grandmother who needs healing for her heart
condition. Christine asks prayers for her brother who has lost his job. Jan
asks for prayers for one son in a dangerous work environment and her other
son who is having trouble with his faith and hasn't gone to Mass this past
month.

A member prays to the Holy Spirit to be with Fr. Pat during his surgery and
recovery. Trisha asks prayers for these friends to receive the gifts of
faith. Pat begs prayers for healing of son-in-law whose emotional abuse
causes pregnant wife untold suffering.

Jane asks prayers for her mother who was just diagnosed with skin cancer.
Sherry requests prayers for a young mom who is suffering from accelerated
MS. Leila is asking for prayers for my granddaughter that she might find
follow the Lord and also find a job. Rose asks prayers for someone who
suffered a massive heart attack, went into cardiac arrest, and is
recuperating.

Brian requests prayer for himself and his AA Group, that all his resentments
and theirs are relinquished, and he be guided to properly make amends to the
group, financial and otherwise so he may be free of the severe depression he
is suffering. Trish requests prayers for her nephew who will be undergoing
surgery for the removal of a brain tumor. Mary asks for prayers for someone
who will have surgery & chemo for Bladder cancer.