<MP>Wednesday, 16 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:32:36 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Bernadette Soubirous (1844-1879)
Bernadette Soubirous was born in 1844, the first child of an extremely poor
miller in the town of Lourdes in southern France. The family was living in
the basement of a dilapidated building when on February 11,1858, the Blessed
Virgin Mary appeared to Bernadette in a cave above the banks of the Gave
River near Lourdes. Bernadette, 14 years old, was known as a virtuous girl
though a dull student who had not even made her first Holy Communion. In
poor health, she had suffered from asthma from an early age.

While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set
apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."
Then, completing their fasting and prayer, they laid hands on them and sent
them off. ~Acts 12:24-13:5a

I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might
not remain in darkness. And if anyone hears my words and does not observe
them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to
save the world. ~John 12:44-50

Saul, the one who concurred that the stoning of St. Stephen was appropriate,
who rounded up men, women and children who were Christian, is chosen by the
Holy Spirit.  He became the great Apostle to the Gentiles. God's ways are
not our ways.  Yet Jesus came to us as light, that believers may not remain
in darkness.  We can strive to understand the Lord more and more, knowing
that we'll never fully understand in this lifetime.

I pray that I may know that, no matter what my former deeds, the Lord
chooses me to do great things.  I can believe, come out of the darkness and
share in the light of Christ.  I pray that I may follow the Lord's call,
wherever it may lead me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Janice request prayers for her husband to pass his drivers test Wednesday
God willing. Helen prays that Fr. Pat's surgery and recovery go well. Karl
requests prayers while battling depression, anxiety and loneliness.

Lisa requests prayers for someone whose faith is being tested. Nancy asks
prayers that the Holy Father may have a safe visit to the United States and
that Catholics be buoyed in their faith by his inspiration. Pat asks prayers
for myself that I may improve my spiritual life and find healing under
spiritual direction.

Lorrie asks prayers for her mother-in-law. Bruce asks prayers for someone
who has had a recurrence of cancer. That I will be able to forgive my
husband completely for his infidelity and trust him again. Debbie asks
prayers for her marriage to be completely reconciled.

Mark requests your prayers for is sister-in-law who is battling pancreatic
cancer. Mitzi asks prayers that her son who is seeking a new job that the
Lord will guide him in his decision and also for her husband as he continues
radiation treatments. Joyce asks prayers for a special intention.

Patti asks for prayers for the safety of Pope Benedict  XVI as he visits the
U.S. and for the success of  Fr. Pat's surgery. Debbie asks prayers for her
father who is in an ICU with a mass in his chest and stroke-like symptoms.
Carole asks prayers for a special intention.

Bev ask for prayers that her son will over come his addiction to drugs and
that her older daughter will not be jealous of her younger sister.  A Maine
member requests prayers for Pope Benedict XVI, that our Lord's message will
shine through him, and for his safety while visiting the U.S. Carole asks
prayers for a special intention.