<MP>Tuesday, 10 November 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:03:38 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.  No more
than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just
follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

St. Leo the Great (d. 461)
With apparent strong conviction of the importance of the Bishop of Rome in
the Church, and of the Church as the ongoing sign of Christ's presence in
the world, Leo the Great displayed endless dedication as pope. Elected in
440, he worked tirelessly as "Peter's successor," guiding his fellow bishops
as "equals in the episcopacy and infirmities." Leo is known as one of the
best administrative popes of the ancient Church. His work branched into four
main areas, indicative of his notion of the pope's total responsibility for
the flock of Christ. He worked at length to control the heresies of
Pelagianism, Manichaeism and others, placing demands on their followers so
as to secure true Christian beliefs. A second major area of his concern was
doctrinal controversy in the Church in the East, to which he responded with
a classic letter setting down the Church's teaching on the two natures of
Christ. With strong faith, he also led the defense of Rome against barbarian
attack, taking the role of peacemaker.   For more, follow the link below:

But the souls of the just are in the hand of God, and no torment shall touch
them. They seemed, in the view of the foolish, to be dead; and their passing
away was thought an affliction and their going forth from us, utter
destruction.
But they are in peace. ~Wisdom 2:23-3:9

When you have done all you have been commanded, say, 'We are unprofitable
servants; we have done what we were obliged to do.' ~Luke 17:7-10

We can trust in God's providence, and the fact that we are bound for His
Kingdom. We can gratefully carry out our mission on earth, not expecting
great awards, but knowing God's presence with us every minute of every day.

I pray that I may trust in God's providence.  I pray that I may gratefully
carry out the mission God puts before me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Alvina asks prayers for a special intention. Betty asks prayers for her
sister who is scheduled for  hip replacement surgery on 11/09/2009. Nancy
from PA requests prayers for a long time friend who recently lost her job
that she may find gainful employment in her field and also that impending
surgery for herself on Thursday will be successful. Marilyn asks prayers for
her husband who is experiencing back and leg pain, to get a correct
diagnosis from doctors.