<MP>Tuesday, 09 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 21:52:52 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

F A M I L Y    F U N    F E S T

St. Pat's annual Fall Fun Fest is October 13th. There will be food,
entertainment and fun for people of all ages.  There are also Raffle Tickets
available.  If you live close to us, why not join us.  Or, perhaps you'd
like to help us by purchasing some raffle tickets.  You can learn more at:
www.stpatz.com

F A M I L Y    A N D   F R I E N D S
Encourage them to Subscribe to Morning Prayer!

If you enjoy Morning Prayer, why not forward a copy to family members and
friends. Morning Prayer provides a short reflection and a concrete way to
apply Scriptures to our lives, and uses the Scriptures and Saint for the
Mass of the Day. Clergy too, appreciate the simple ideas found in both
Morning Prayer and This Weekend. Learn more by following the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Saint Denis and Companions (died c. 258)
Traditionally, the first Bishop of France. It is said that Denis was sent to
Gaul from Rome in the third century and beheaded in the persecution under
Valerius in 258. According to one of the legends, after he was beheaded on
Montmartre ("mountain of martyrs") in Paris, he carried his head to a
village northeast of the city. St. Genevieve built a basilica over his tomb
at the beginning of the sixth century.

"When God saw by their (citizens of Ninevah) actions how they had turned
from their evil way, he repented of the evil that he had threatened to do to
them; he did not carry it out.  ~Jonah 3:1-10

"If you, O Lord, mark iniquities, who can stand?"  ~Psalm 130

"Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the
serving."  ~Luke 10:38-42

Like the Ninevites, we can turn from our selfish and evil ways and back to
God.  Like Mary, we can sit at the feet of Jesus and listen to what He has
to say. We can choose the better part, as we draw near to the God who always
yearns to draw near to us.

I pray that I can turn away from my selfishness and back to God.  I pray
that I may accept God's call for me to come closer to Him.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Rose asks prayers for her nephew who suffered a brain injury as a toddler
and now, as a teenager continues to have physical difficulty and will be
having complicated hip surgery this week.  Fr. Pat asks prayers as the
bleeding within his eye has resumed. A concerned mother asks prays for her
daughter that she gain wisdom from the Holy Spirit to make good decisions in
her life.

Ann asks prayers for Fr. Pat, that the problems in his eye/vein will be
ended and healed once and for all. Kathy requests prayers for her nephew who
will be graduating from high school this spring - please pray for him to
find his way in life. Mary requests prayers for a co-worker who has been in
critical condition since 10/4 and in a medical induced coma due to a
motorcycle accident.

John asks prayers for his daughter who is needs a job with benefits.
Kristina asks for prayers for a four-year-old who has neuroblastoma. Joel
asks prayers for health and financial problems. Kathy asks prayers that her
daughter will deliver her baby soon and that God will be in the delivery
room guiding the Doctor, for a safe and successful delivery.