<MP>Monday, 08 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 19:23:15 -0500

F A M I L Y    F U N    F E S T

St. Pat's annual Fall Fun Fest is October 13th. There will be food,
entertainment and fun for people of all ages.  There are also Raffle Tickets
available.  If you live close to us, why not join us.  Or, perhaps you'd
like to help us by purchasing some raffle tickets.  You can learn more at:
www.stpatz.com

F A M I L Y    A N D   F R I E N D S
Encourage them to Subscribe to Morning Prayer!

If you enjoy Morning Prayer, why not forward a copy to family members and
friends. Morning Prayer provides a short reflection and a concrete way to
apply Scriptures to our lives, and uses the Scriptures and Saint for the
Mass of the Day. Clergy too, appreciate the simple ideas found in both
Morning Prayer and This Weekend. Learn more by following the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John Leonardi (1541?-1609) [Celebrated on 09 October, with St. Denis and
Companions]
He became a priest and was deeply involved in prisons and hospitals.  He
lived in the time of reform after the Council of Trent. In 1579 he formed
the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, and published a compendium of
Christian doctrine that remained in use until the 19th century. Father
Leonardi and his priests became a great force for good in Italy, and their
congregation was confirmed by Pope Clement in 1595. He died at the age of 68
from a disease caught when tending those stricken by the plague.

They asked Jonah, "What shall we do with you, that the sea may quiet down
for us?" For the sea was growing more and more turbulent.  ~Tobit 1:1-2:
2,11

"You will rescue my life from the pit, O Lord."  ~Jonah 2

(The Good Samaritan) "Which of these three, in your opinion, was neighbor to
the robbers' victim? He answered, "The one who treated him with mercy."
Jesus said to him, "Go and do likewise."

Sometimes we can feel like we're in the middle of a terrifying storm, or
like we've fallen in with robbers. We can come to see that Jesus is our
refuge and strength.  Jesus forgives, nourishes us with His Body and Blood,
and soothes us with His mercy. Jesus is stronger than any doubt, fear or
danger. We can recall the words of the Psalmist, "Be still and know that I
am God." ~Psalm 46:10

I pray that I may not be overwhelmed with the turmoil around me and within
me.  I pray that I can be still and rely on God for forgiveness, strength,
healing and direction.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Melva requests prayers for her 14 year old son who just had surgery to pin
his hip, that he recover full blood supply to the bone and not need a hip
replacement, also thanks for the skillful doctors, nurses, paramedics and
pilot. Anna requests prayers for her husband, who will have to undergo Cyber
Knife treatment for the growth of a residual brain tumor.

A member asks prayers for her children, grandchildren and
great-grandchildren, that they may receive from God the help they need. Mary
requests prayers for her daughter who was seriously injured in an automobile
accident, and also for her husband and her children. A mother asks prayers
for her daughter's family who is in desperate financial need.