<MP>Wednesday, 10 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 20:13:01 -0500

F A M I L Y    F U N    F E S T

St. Pat's annual Fall Fun Fest is October 13th. There will be food,
entertainment and fun for people of all ages.  There are also Raffle Tickets
available.  If you live close to us, why not join us.  Or, perhaps you'd
like to help us by purchasing some raffle tickets.  You can learn more at:
www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Francis Borgia (1510-1572)

Francis was born into an influential family in 16th century Spain.  A series
of events, including the death of his wife, led to his becoming a Jesuit. He
helped found the Gregorian University in Rome, was spiritual adviser to the
King of Spain and founded a dozen more colleges.  As head of the Jesuits he
founded Jesuit Missions in Florida, Mexico and Peru. He is known as the
second founder of the Jesuits.

"Jonah was greatly displeased and became angry that God did not carry out
the evil he threatened against Ninevah." Jonah 4:1-11

"Lord, your are merciful and gracious." ~Psalm 86

Jesus said to them, "When you pray, say:  Father, hallowed be your name,
your Kingdom come ..." Luke 11:1-4

Jesus taught us to address God as our Father, a Father who will give us all
we need, who will forgive our sins and save us from temptation. God promises
forgiveness to the extent that we are willing to forgive those who have
harmed us. As Jonah learned, the more we push aside our own
self-righteousness, the more we receive and grant forgiveness.  We come to
understand even more deeply that the Father is a "Merciful God, slow to
anger, loathe to punish."

I pray that I may rely on God to give me all I need.  I pray that I may
resist temptation and forgive others as I would like to be forgiven.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Neil asks prayers for his wife whose disabilities are increasing. Sue asks
prayers for two special intentions, and that her daughters will come back to
the Catholic faith and trust in God. A mother requests prayers for 2 of her
daughters for safe pregnancies and deliveries. Kathy requests prayer to be
healed of all illness particularly a fatty liver that is painful.

Andy requests prayers for a friend who is in a coma. Jane asks for prayers
for several intentions for those who need our prayers. Mother asks prayers
for her 10 year old daughter diagnosed with scoliosis. Jean requests prayers
for her daughter who is suffering from a severe depression, that through
discernment she will locate a good therapist.

Patricia asks we join our prayers for good health & safety for all God's
babies & children. Juanita asks for prayers for her mother who is recovering
from her second surgery since September 12, 2007. Kathy requests prayer to
be healed of all illness particularly a fatty liver that is painful.
Patricia asks prayers for financial blessings